Saturday, June 11, 2011

un.stoppable

NOTE: This was originally written and posted of fb 03/01/2011


Something amazing happened to me over the coarse of a simple 48 hours, I was reminded of who I can become, not who I might have been... I was reminded that MY God has blessings, and favors in store for me that I can not even imagine! All I have to do is ask... for His help, His guidance, His grace.

I was given a book as a gift just before Christmas, Joel Osteen's "Your Best Life Now", I read a couple chapters and then it got lost on the table with all the rest of the clutter that has been invading my life. Allowing the darkness to become overwhelming, the depression to win.

Well, after this weekend, I picked up my book and read the next chapter, picking up where I had left off. Chapter 4, Breaking the Barriers of the Past; and boy, do I have some barriers... most of the time, I don't let them get to me, but it has been a rough few months, and I got pulled back in and started listening to those old recordings and believing the lies that the spew into my mind. Thank God, that He is louder than any of those old recordings, that HE is able to fill our minds, hearts and souls with what we really need to hear - that we are His, we are beautiful, we have promise, we can succeed.

As I ask God for the courage to do what I have started before; to take a stand, to remember the past, learn from it and start something new; to go beyond where I come from... and to believe that I was born for something more, something bigger, something better, something great!

So I will share with you; close friends, new friends and whomever might listen; what God is telling me along the way. I have always loved to write, have often been inspired to do so. I hope that my words can be comforting to many of you... as they comfort me just by being said.

Joel talks about "declaring" things. A few of my friends do so also.
He shares this great prayer, I plan to use it and encourage you to do the same;

"Father, I thank You that I have Your favor. Your favor is opening doors of opportunity. Your favor is bringing success into my life."

Say this every morning and then go on with your day with confidence, knowing that you truly do have God's favor. End your day with thanking him for His favor as well.If we do our part, God will do His.

No comments:

Post a Comment